Shahnaz, 35, Farah, 18

January, 2011

A MAN shot dead his sister and niece on suspicion in the Green Town police limits on Monday. Police said accused Zulfiqar Khokhar, a resident of 705-D-I, Green Town, suspected that his sister Shahnaz, 35, and his brother’s daughter Farah, 18, had developed illicit relationships with some locals. The accused, who had presented himself before the police after committing the crime, told the police that he had admonished the victims repeatedly but they turned a deaf ear to his advice. On Monday, the accused exchanged harsh words with the victims, which infuriated him and he opened fire at the women with a pump-action shotgun, killing them on the spot. Later, he presented himself before Green Town police and confessed the crime.

Police collected evidence from the crime scene and shifted the bodies to morgue. A case has also been registered against the accused on the complaint of his brother Jafar Khokhar, the father of victim Farah.

Talking to this correspondent, SP Sadr division Mansoorul Haq Rana said Zulfiqar had killed his sister and niece on suspicion. On Monday, the victims scolded the accused for admonishing them at this the accused killed the two women, the SP said. The assault weapon had been recovered, he added.

Security guard shot dead on resistance: Dacoits killed a security guard of Nestle Company on resistance and looted Rs 600,000 cash and a car in the Ghaziabad police limits on Monday. The victim, identified as Iqbal, 55, a resident of Fatehgarh, Mughalpura, took the amount for delivery to Garden Town centre and left office along with a driver in a Suzuki Alto car. As they reached near Soling Road, Ghaziabad bus stop, two dacoits intercepted them at gunpoint and shot dead Iqbal. Then they snatched the cash and fled in the car. The driver of the car remained unhurt.

The police reached the spot after being informed and took the driver into custody and started interrogating him. The police said the accused were still at large. No case has been registered until the filing of this report. The police said that the company had not filed any application and the case would be registered after receiving the application in this regard.

To read original article, go to: